Sunday, March 21, 2010

Butterfly

We have just got these amazing Nordic Ware cake tins into the shop (and available on the website). These heavy duty, professional weight aluminium tins are exquisitely detailed and the girly side of me couldn't wait to try out the Butterfly cake pan. I would definitely recommend using Wilton Cake Release to grease the tin and ensure the cake will easily slip out of the tin. I have to admit that I cheated and used an odlums quick cake mix as I was too impatient to get the ingredients together. It worked like a dream. No problem turning out the cake (leave it in the tin for 10mins -no more, no less- when you take it out of the oven)
I could barely wait before I let loose on the pink and white icing. Ok, I won't win any prizes for my decorating skill, but what little girl (or big girl!!) wouldn't be delighted with this?
Other favourite shapes for me are the backyard bugs muffin pan, which can be used for cakes or jellies, the Beehive pan and the beautiful Rose bundt pan, which would be lovely filled with fresh fruits and simply dusted with icing sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment